Thursday, March 22nd from 6:30-8:00 PM
When: Thursday, March 22nd
Program hours: 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM
Student Set-up: 6:00 PM to 6:30 PM
Where: BKW Elementary School Cafeteria and Gymnasium
Join us as we explore science at the PTA Sponsored Elementary School Science Fair!
This year’s event will be held in the Elementary School on Thursday, March 22nd from 6:30-8:00 PM.
All students in kindergarten through grade two will be displaying their science projects outside of their classrooms as a whole class display.
Student scientists in grades three through five will be displaying and explaining their scientific experiments in the cafeteria and gymnasium.
Please stop by and talk with the children about their projects -- you will be surprised at how much you will learn!
No time for dinner? Food, drinks and baked goodies will be available at family friendly prices from 6:30PM to 7:30PM.
Day of Science Fair Schedule:
•Student projects to be set up between 6:00 PM and 6:30 PM.
• At 6:30 PM all participants will be asked to assemble in the gymnasium, regardless of individual presentation locations, for brief greetings and last minute communications.
• Judging of science projects (3rd grade, 4th grade, and 5th grade) will begin at 6:35 PM and go through 7:30 PM.
• Student scientists are asked to stay close to their presentation and be prepared to discuss their project during judging times - 6:35 PM to 7:30 PM.
• Students will be free to explore other science projects from 7:30 PM to 8:00 PM (judges may need to revisit projects during this time or confer with other judges about particular projects during this time - please do not disassemble presentations until 8 PM).
• Food, drink, and baked goods will be available from 6:30 PM to 7:30PM. Typical pricing will be pizza slice for $1.00, Drink for $0.50, baked goodies for $0.50.
Entry Form [PDF]
Judges Scorecard [PDF]
Science Fair Manual [PDF]
Scientific Method [PDF]
For more information or to ask questions, please email Matt Chase: MattChase@nycap.rr.com