Over the past several months, theThe Berne-Knox-Westerlo Board of Education, Budget Advisory Committee and Interim Superintendent Josdeph L. Natale have discussed budget issues at various public meetings. The Board is scheduled to adopt the 2015-16 School Budget at its regularly scheduled meeting on April 20, 7 p.m., in the Business Office.
Other important upcoming dates:
• Monday, May 4: Public budget documents will be available at all school buidlings and posted to the website.
• Monday, May 11, 6 p.m.: Budget hearing in the secondary school auditorium.
• Wednesday, May 13: Budget notice mailed to all qualified voters.
• Tuesday, May 19, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.: Budget vote in the secondary school auditorium.
|Tax Levy Increase||0.51%|
What is on the ballot for May 19, 2015?
• A $22,304,857 proposed budget for the 2015-16 school year, which carries a 0.5 percent tax levy increase.
• One seat on the BKW Board of Education.
• Proposition to re-establish and continue a capital reserve fund.
• Proposition to re-establish and continue a transportation reserve fund.
• A bus proposition for the purchase of up to four buses, at a cost not to exceed $209,000.